Telephone (VoIP) Fees
Kennesaw State University utilizes Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone technology, which allows voice calls over a computing network. The VoIP system implementation was completed in FY15. The cost module for the VoIP phone system maintains a lower basic service rate, while enhancing the overall service for the campus.
Effective Fiscal Year 2016 (July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016), following are service features and fees departments are responsible for in their budgets for VoIP. A yearly review of cost will be completed each July to ensure all departments receive an accurate cost allocation. Monthly detailed call records are available to department heads upon request in order to monitor and control costs related to long distance and international calls.
(forwarding, blocking, caller ID, call waiting, redial, call log, conferencing, hunt groups and line appearance)Included
(conferencing more than 10 callers, mobile phone forwarding)Included for
KSU University Information Technology Services (UITS) SupportIncluded
Voicemail and Voice via emailIncluded
Virtual Fax or e-Fax
(setup a line to receive fax and email them to a person, no fax machine required)Included
Domestic calls (1)Included
Domestic Long Distance (2)Not Included
International Long Distance (3)Not Included
See attached PDF
Telephone Maintenance (4)Included
Managed Network ConnectionIncluded
Phone/Conference Phones (Equipment)Included
Installation and MovesIncluded
(1) Domestic calls include the following local area codes:
- 404 - Atlanta and immediate environs (central Fulton and DeKalb counties)
- 470 - Atlanta and its suburbs, overlay area code that covers same area as 404, 678 and 770
- 678 - Atlanta and its suburbs, overlay area code that covers the same area as 404 and 770
- 770 - Atlanta's suburbs and exurbs
(2) Domestic long distance calls are those outside the local area but are within the United States, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. Domestic long distance rates are $.025 per minute and also include the following area codes within Georgia:
- 229 - Albany, Thomasville, Valdosta, Tifton, Fitzgerald and Americus (southwest Georgia)
- 478 - Macon, Forsyth, Fort Valley, Warner Robins, Dublin, Eastman and Milledgeville (central Georgia)
- 706 - Columbus (west-central Georgia);
Rome, Dahlonega, Toccoa, Athens and Augusta (northwest, northeast, upper east-central Georgia)
- 762 - same boundaries as 706
- 912 - Savannah, Vidalia, Waycross, Brunswick, Douglas, and coastal Georgia.
(4) Replacement of normal wear and tear only. Intentional damage or negligence is responsibility of the department
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Telephone (VoiP) FAQs are located on the menu under Accounts Payable > Telephone Fees FAQs.